Monday, December 07, 2009

Our Big 4 year old!!!



Oh my heart!  How do I have a 4 year old already?  I know many parents have asked this question before me, but I will ask it again.  Um, can you please tell me how to stop time?  I would so love to freeze time right now.  Abby Kate is such a delight.  She has been from day one but to hear her independant thoughts, her quirky personality, her sense of humor, her delight in all things...well, to say the least, she is so fun.  She kept asking us at dinner tonight why we loved her.  How to you explain to a now 4 year old something so deep that you cannot understand it yourself?
So, lets recap.  First off, what a super fun day!  Aunt Ashley made an amazing Happy Birthday banner which we put up over the island and we went in her room this morning with doughnuts (with sprinkes of course) and sang happy birthday.  She kept thanking us for making her birthday come and asking us if she was finally 4.  We went to the aquarium and to eat lunch at one of her favorite places.  We then came home and made cupcakes and she got that adorable balloon delivery from Sweecie and Poppy which delighted her to no end.  We then went to Incredible Pizza tonight and had a ball.
And what an incredible year.  We started by a fun trip to Disney World followed by so many fun memories...she gained a new brother, started and quit ballet, fell in love with church, memorized many verses, learned to use the computer, learned new songs and loves to sing all things (even if it is "MOMMA!  Is driving down the roooaaadd..."), learned to dress herself, potty by herself, learned the word and meaning of responsibility, started understanding obedience, forgiveness, gratitude and grace.  Oh how can I tell you all that is this little girl we are so passionately in love with?  Bobby and I laugh at her numerous times a day.  She has an incredible imagination.  She loves to draw.  She loves to role play.  She has a near photographic memory (not sure how this is going to play out in God's plan.  Today I was telling B that I did not have any eggs to make cupcakes over lunch at a restaurant and she quickly said, "oh yes you do Momma, you have one."  Only to return and see she was EXACTLY right.)  She is infectously excited about almost everything.  Basically, she is everything I ever dreamed a daughter would be.
Thank you so much Father, for the precious blessing of Abby Kate.  May you draw her to yourself every day of her life.  May she know You as You know Yourself to be.  May she find her worth and identity in You alone.  Please show Yourself strong in her life.  May she be in love with your Word.  Please grant her a seekers heart and an obedient spirit.  Please keep her safe and healthy.  Perserve her delight precious Father.  And may she use all things that You designed in her to bring YOU glory.  Thank you for entrusting her to us.  We are so unworthy.  Please parent her through us and help us to point her to You in all things.  

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Abby Kate! What a sweet post...

We celebrated Max's bday again today...we've celebrated a lot :)

I can't believe I have a 6 year old! AHHH!

Love you all!