Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Bo Update!


So our "little" man is 3 months old!  He has survived his first ear infection and cold, sat in his bumbo seat for the first time, started wanting to sit up rather than lean back, opening his fist and try to grab things, "chatting," and laughing.  He has this precious voice.  It is so soft and his giggle is this really low sound.  I cannot get enough of it!  He slept for 9 hours a few days ago and has started consistently sleeping 7-8 stretches.  After starting the dream feed again (it didn't work early on b/c I could never get him awake), I am only having to get up once to feed which is so nice!  We had his ears rechecked last week and he was 17 lbs.  His sweet sister was not that big until 6 months.  I love having a big baby.  It so gives me peace about nursing.
I just look at my sweet son and remember daily the miracle of his life and I love to dream of all God is going to do in and through him.  I am amazed that I now have a son and a daughter.  I wondered just this week if my Mom and Dad felt this young as they were parenting?  I feel like my childhood was literally just yesterday.  How did this happen?  
It is a great reminder of how quickly it goes and how much I want to treasure this time with my babies at home full time.  My favorite time of the day is at night when I put Bo to bed having him snuggle against me completely relaxed and just smelling his sweet baby smell and feeling the steadiness of his breath and treasuring it all my heart.

1 comment:

Liz said...

this post makes me weepy! olivia is somehow 18 months old and i find myself missing those sweet moments with her. maybe she'll be a cuddler again soon! in the meantime, i'm loving me some BO!!!